Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Laundry Room Remodel

We live in a split level house, and the main door we use to go in and out of the house is very crowded when five people are trying to leave in the mornings or come home in the evenings. Plus when you add in a pile of shoes on top of that you are constantly stubbing your toes or tripping over items. This chaos was driving me nuts, so since we had spring break this week, I decided our laundry room was going to get a face lift and become a mudroom. This will will now be the place were people can enter/exit our house and have plenty of room to put on their coat and shoes. I'm very excited about this and how it turned out! I know, it apparently doesn't have to be much to get me excited! Just a nice sense of being organized is a great feeling!

Also, since I'm all about our budget, I gave myself a $100 budget. After paint, rugs, storage organization, and wall hangings, I came in under budget at $89! I was pretty proud of that because I thought it was going to cost more. Brandon does want to add in a storage component for dirty laundry, but that is going to have to come out of another month's budget since the units we priced are about $200.

I painted the trim white, took down some old cabinets and added coat hooks, painted the walls and brick, reorganized shelves and the clutter, adding some floor coverings, and then hung up some wall hangings to add in a homey touch.

Here are the before and after pictures! 

Before Pictures



After Pictures



No comments:

Post a Comment