Monday, May 16, 2016

Money Savings Monday

So if you know me, you know I love to budget! Everything we buy is based off of a monthly budget Brandon and I have come up with. We revise our monthly budget every month based off of what we have coming up in the future.

I love sharing our money saving tips with people because I think I feel these days it is hard for families to save money and get ahead sometimes with all the expenses we have in life. I thought I would come with Money Savings Mondays and pass along some of the tips we use to help with our budget.

I would also enjoy to hear from you on what you do to help cut expenses. 

Tip #1:

This past weekend we had to travel and stay over night for a funeral, so one thing we do to help with our budget when we travel is we pack most of our own food. I don't usually pack meals because it is too hard to keep the food fresh sometimes. I have tried that, and I feel like we wasted more food that way, and then still had to pay for meals on top of what we packed. We pack a cooler with milk, juice boxes, water, and soda. We also pack a basket full of snacks for the kids and ourselves.

Packing our own food helps us, so when we stop for gas, we don't end up going into the convenient store and spending $15 extra dollars on food and drinks. We also don't go out to the vending machines at night during our hotel stay. We all know vending machines can suck our money right out of us! Another great reason we pack our food is it also helps our kids eat a little healthier on the road. I feel when we travel it is so easy to fill out mouths with a bunch of junk food, so packing our own food has helped with better food choices. We do pack some junk food, don't get me wrong, but I do like to throw in strawberries, grapes, blueberries, carrots, apples, or any other fruit and vegetables that are quick and handy for packing. My favorite junk food road item are Twizzlers! We do usually have to pack about 2 packs of Twizzlers on any road trip we go on since my love for Twizzlers has passed down to the boys and Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment