Saturday, January 16, 2016

Weekly Menu

Each week I love planning out our menu for many reasons:

a) Keeps me organized
b) Saves us money on our grocery bill or eating out
c) I know when I get home what we are making for supper and we don't have to scramble, so it saves us time and stress of wondering what to cook
d) Planning the meals ahead of time allows more time to try new recipes
e) Provides left overs for lunch the next day

Here is our menu for this week:

Sunday:
 - Cinnamon French Toast Bake *New Recipe
- Sweet and Sour Chicken with brown rice *New Chicken Recipe
[ We usually only eat two meals on Sunday, brunch and supper since the older boys go to Sunday School]

Monday:
- Cheeseburger bites with french fries *New Recipe

Tuesday:
-BLT's with chips

Wednesday:
-Biscuits and gravy with a side of fruit [we do breakfast one night, which is probably my favorite night!]

Thursday:
-Frozen pizza [I will be at work, so this is something simple Brandon can make with the boys]

Friday:
-Take out [to help save on our monthly budget, we only eat out one night a week for a budget of $25. And when I say eat out, I mean bring it home. Three little kids in a restaurant do not mix well together]

Saturday:
-Cinnamon bites
-Tacos with chips and salsa
-Baked chicken breast with roasted garlic broccoli and a dinner roll

This week we are able to try three new recipes, so I'm very excited to see how they turn out. Lately, I have been bored with what we cook/eat. I feel like I'm always making the same food over and over, so Brandon and I found some new recipes to try through Facebook and Pinterest. I will let you know if they are any good!

If anyone has some good recipes they want to share, I would love that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment