Monday, January 4, 2016

Christmas Traditions!


I have to say the Christmas season is so much better being a mom. I love watching the magic of the season their my kids' eyes. Everything is so exciting to them and you can't help but smile. My favorite part of the season is carrying out our Christmas traditions we have developed with the boys. Here are some of our traditions we have molded to our family since Brody was born 5 years ago.


Our gingerbread house! May not be the prettiest, but we sure have a lot of fun making the mess!




For the past four years Zon the Elf has been traveling from the North Pole to our house to report to Santa about the boys' behavior. We get so excited every morning when we wake up to see what this mischievous elf is doing. In the picture below he was being held hostage by G.I. Joe's.


One of my favorite traditions... finding matching PJ's for the boys and I. My mission for next year is to try to get Brandon to partake in the fun :)

This is a tradition that I have carried on from my childhood to my boys. My Papa Keith would take us over to Dakota City to visit these lights, and I had so much fun making memories with him I wanted to pass it down to my kids. The night we went it was very cold, so Brody and I were the only ones to brave the cold weather.
Brody wanted to take a picture with Baby Jesus



 

Here is another tradition I carried out from my childhood onto my boys, the Advent Calendar. Each day the boys look forward to opening another little square to eat the little piece of chocolate inside and read the little story.  

And lastly, for the pat 4 years on Christmas Eve morning the boys and I spend quality time in the kitchen baking cookies for Santa. This year they picked Monster Cookies to make for Santa. I love spending time in the kitchen with these boys!

I'm very excited for next year's traditions because Benny will be able to participate in most of the activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment