Thursday, January 21, 2016

New Recipe!



Here are two new recipes we have tried this week, Cheeseburger Cups and homemade Sesame Chicken. These two recipes were Brandon and kid approved!! Win win!




Cheeseburger Cups:


Found this on a FaceBook post from Tasty! 

1 pound hamburger 
1/2 cups of ketchup 
1 tbsp mustard 
2 tbsp brown sugar
Refrigerated biscuits 
Sliced cheese 
Toppings of choice


Brown the hamburger, drain.
Mix the ketchup, mustard and brown sugar in with the hamburger. 

Put the biscuits in a muffin tin, and spread them around in the tin so they make a little cup. 

Add the hamburger and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Add the cheese to the top and bake an additional 5 minutes. Add your toppings of choice and eat!



I added spinach and tomatoes with mine but the boys and Brandon just ate theirs with the cheese. 

Also, a good note to add, is that they heat up well for lunch left-overs!





Sesame Chicken:

I found a few different recipes online, so I combined them and made it with the ingredients we like.

2 chicken breast cut into cubes
1 cup of rice
3 tbsp. of honey
tsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. of soy sauce
1 tbsp. of garlic

(I apologize if you follow this recipe-- since I tweaked a bunch of recipes I can't quite remember how much I used--so I just kept tasting it to my flavor, oppps!)

Mix the honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic in a bowl. Add to a baking a dish along with the slices of chicken. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes and serve over rice. I baked my chicken a little longer because Brandon likes it to be a little crispy. Eat and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment